Mineral Royalties by Shale
As the sophisticated buyer of mineral assets, Momentum Minerals specializes in purchasing the mineral rights and royalties for properties located in areas with major shale formations that hold significant oil and gas resources. With our experience and expertise, we believe we can value your assets and offer you what we believe to be a fair, competitive price.
Shale formations were created over millions of years as heat and pressure compressed and decomposed organic marine deposits on seabeds, forming large natural gas and oil reservoirs in the rock. These major shale formations we work include:
- Eagle Ford Shale - located in southwest Texas, extending from the Mexican border eastward, close to Dallas
- Marcellus Shale or Marcellus Formation - extends from southern New York through Pennsylvania, western Ohio into West Virginia
- Bakken Shale - covering western North Dakota, eastern Montana and Manitoba and Saskatchewan in Canada
- Barnett Shale - located in north Texas, the Barnett Shale
- Haynesville Shale – covering Northwest Louisiana and East Texas
- Niobrara Shale – covering northeastern Colorado, southwestern Nebraska and southeastern Wyoming
We purchase mineral rights and royalties throughout the United States. So, if you don’t see your shale on the list, call us to see how we can help you.
In addition to our in-house expertise, we work with engineers and geologists who have experience in your area in order to develop the value of your mineral assets. With our capital partners, we have the resources to offer you what we believe to be a fair market price for your assets and close promptly for large and small assets.
Call today to see how we can help you. At Momentum, we pride ourselves on our integrity, and work with you to ensure that you are comfortable with the process and the result.
The Bakken Shale is part of the Williston Basin in southern Canada and northern United States.Learn More
Located in north Texas, the Barnett Shale is the largest and most-developed play in Texas.Learn More
The Eagle Ford Shale is located in southwest Texas, extending from the Mexican border eastward, close to Dallas.Learn More
The Marcellus Shale, or Marcellus Formation, extends from southern New York through Pennsylvania and western Ohio, and into West VirginiaLearn More
Get Started Today